The Junior Designer is responsible for the creation and production support of a wide range of projects including printed brochures, flyers, advertisements, promotional items, websites, digital assets and more. The Junior Designer assists with the creative direction of internal and external materials produced by Western Health Advantage’s Marketing department while maintaining the organization’s brand standards.
• Design materials, either from scratch or from existing templates, to meet the needs of internal clients.
• Ensure design is consistent with overall brand and meets company standards to maintain and promote the positive image of the organization.
• Utilize an understanding of typographies, layouts, animation and art direction to help the Marketing team produce the best work possible.
• Produce attractive and effective designs for all media platforms.
• Contribute to the entire creative process from inception to production.
• Offer input at creative meetings and share ideas and knowledge related to current trends with marketing, sales and promotion techniques.
• Support the Marketing team as well as other departments on their creative and communication needs.
• Exercise creativity within the context of established design guidelines and templates to produce a variety of brochures, advertisements, web graphics and online pages, display graphics, booklets and similar projects incorporating original and supplied images.
• Assist with internal client contact on consumer-facing print and communication efforts, ensuring all client projects accomplish goals and adhere to agreed-upon timelines and budgets.
• Collaborate with staff for copyediting, proofing, database reports and other services needed to complete projects.
• Monitor job status in regards to deadlines and provide updates to clients and the Marketing team.
• Maintain computer file systems assuring that all jobs are promptly and properly archived.
• Represent Western Health Advantage at community events, when directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or a similar discipline.
• 2 years’ experience working in design, marketing, or a related field.
• Experience designing for print and digital with a strong understanding of typography, layout and art direction.
• Video production/editing and photography skills are a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with PC and Mac platforms required.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Other beneficial experience includes the understanding of content management system (CMS), digital marketing tools, video production software and social networking channels.
• Excellent command of the English language as it pertains to grammar and spelling required. Strong ability to integrate words and images into creative templates.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.
Western Health Advantage cannot offer employment to individuals who would require sponsorship to work in the United States.