The Senior Benefit Consultant serves as the key marketing link between insurance brokers, employer groups and the community for Western Health Advantage. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Develop sales opportunities, present plans to employer groups during Open Enrollment meetings, and resolve employer and broker concerns regarding contract agreements, rates, benefit coverage, and established procedures and policies.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with assigned broker contacts.
• Provide assistance and direction to all employer groups regarding selected plan(s).
• Introduce new WHA products, procedures, contract requirements and premiums, and assists employers and brokers with the coordination of open enrollment and other requirements of installing a health benefit plan.
• Present information to employer groups on a routine basis for open enrollment, to develop a sale, and for specific topics as requested by the broker or employer.
• Maintain contact with community and industry leaders by participating in civic and business related organizations and events.
• Assist Sales Director in the development of annual enrollment projections.
• Develop and present proposals to brokers and prospective groups with analytical application when requested; negotiate and manage key group renewals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing related sales, health insurance, prepaid health plans, or pension benefit management.
• State of California full Life Agent License (Life-Only Agent and Accident and Health Agent) is required.
• Experience giving precise and articulate presentations in large group settings.
• Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus.
• Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com EOE.
Western Health Advantage cannot offer employment to individuals who would require sponsorship to work in the United States.